This technique relates to Success Criterion 3.2.4: Consistent Identification (Sufficient, together with ).
- A Web page has a form field at the top of the page labeled "Search". On the bottom of the page is another form field which provides the same function. It is also labeled "Search."
- A picture of a question mark is used to steer users to sections of the page that provide additional information. Each time the picture of the question mark appears it has the same text alternative "more information."
- A link to the Contact Us page of a Web site has the link text "Contact". At the bottom of the page there is a link that also goes to the Contact Us page. It also has the link text "Contact".
- Check that each component is associated with text that identifies it (i.e., label, name, or text alternative).
- Check that this associated text is identical for each user interface component with the same function.
- Checks #1 and #2 are true.