- Adobe Flash Professional version MX and higher
- Adobe Flex
Adobe has plans to stop updating and distributing the Flash Player at the end of 2020, and encourages authors interested in creating accessible web content to use HTML.
This technique relates to Success Criterion 2.2.2: Pause, Stop, Hide (Sufficient).
The objective of this technique is to provide a way for users to stop scrolling content when the scrolling is created by a script. Scrolling content can be difficult or impossible to read by users with low vision or with cognitive disabilities. The movement can also be distracting for some people making it difficult for them to concentrate on other parts of the Web page.
When a Flash Movie contains scrolling content:
- Confirm that a button is provided that allows users to pause and resume the scrolling behavior
- Confirm that pressing the button stops the scrolling
- Confirm that pressing the button again restarts the scrolling
- Checks #1, #2, and #3 are true.