This technique relates to Success Criterion 3.2.5: Change on Request (Failure).
This document describes a failure that occurs when removing focus from a form element, such as by moving to the next element, causes a change of context.
The user is going through the form filling out the fields in order. When he moves from the third field to the forth, the form submits.
- Find all form elements.
- Go through them in order.
- Check if the form submits when you move from one field to the next.
- Check if moving from one field to the next launches any new windows.
- Check if moving from one field to the next navigates to another screen.
- If step #3, step #4, or step #5 is true, then this failure condition applies and the content fails the Success Criterion.