This technique relates to Success Criterion 2.4.2: Page Titled (Failure).
This describes a failure condition when the Web page has a title, but the title does not identify the contents or purpose of the Web page.
Examples of text that are not titles include:
Authoring tool default titles, such as
- "Enter the title of your HTML document here,"
- "Untitled Document"
- "No Title"
- "Untitled Page"
- "New Page 1"
- Filenames that are not descriptive in their own right, such as "report.html" or "spk12.html"
- Empty text
- Filler or placeholder text
A site generated using templates includes the same title for each page on the site. So the title cannot be used to distinguish among the pages.
- Check whether the title of each Web page identifies the contents or purpose of the Web page .
- If step #1 is false, then this failure condition applies and the content fails this Success Criterion.