Applies to all technologies.
This technique relates to:
The objective of this failure condition is to address situations where the non-text content is updated, but the text alternative is not updated at the same time. If the text in the text alternative cannot still be used in place of the non-text content without losing information or function, then it fails because it is no longer a text alternative for the non-text content.
- Failure Example 1: A Sales chart is updated to October results, but the text alternative still describes September results.
- Failure Example 2: Pictures on a home page change daily, but text alternatives are not updated at the same time.
- Failure Example 3: The source attribute of images on a page is updated periodically using script, but the text alternatives are not updated at the same time.
- Check each text alternative to see if it is describing content other than the currently-displayed non-text content.
- If step #1 is true then the text alternative is not up to date with current item, this failure condition applies, and content fails these Success Criteria.